Harissa and yoghurt chicken
In this delicious chicken dish, the harissa spices things up while the yoghurt tenderises the meat and helps the flavour seep in. Stir together a little extra harissa and yoghurt to serve on the side.
Skinless chicken thigh
99% fat-free plain yoghurt
½ cup(s), (120g)
¼ cup(s), chopped, plus extra to serve
400 g, thickly sliced
2 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Spray a large shallow-sided baking tray with oil.
- Using a small, sharp knife, make 3 shallow slashes across each piece of chicken.
- Combine yoghurt, mint, cumin, harissa and a pinch of salt in a large bowl. Add chicken and toss to coat.
- Place chicken on prepared tray, spooning over any remaining yoghurt mixture. Arrange potatoes around chicken and lightly spray with oil. Bake for about 30-35 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are golden and tender. Sprinkle with extra mint.
- To serve, divide chicken and potatoes evenly among four serving plates.
Chicken is cooked if juices run clear when cut, or temperature in the centre registers 74°C when tested with a meat thermometer. Serve steamed broccoli, green beans or wilted spinach on side.