Grilled veal with roasted tomato, eggplant and oregano salsa
Trimmed veal cutlet
415 g, (4 x 130g) fat trimmed
1 large, cut into 1cm pieces
250 g, halved
Fresh lemon rind
2 tsp, finely grated
1 tbs, chopped
¼ cup(s), torn
1 x 3 second spray(s)
1 medium, cut into wedges, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C or 160°C fan forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place eggplant on prepared tray and lightly spray with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Bake for 20 minutes. Add tomatoes and bake for 10 minutes or until eggplant is golden and tomatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, combine rind and dried oregano in a small bowl. Brush veal with half the oil. Sprinkle rind mixture over each side of veal. Season with pepper.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook veal for 3–4 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover veal with foil and set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add fresh oregano, basil and remaining oil to tray with eggplant and tomatoes. Season salsa with salt and pepper and gently toss to combine.
- Serve veal with salsa and lemon wedges.