Greek silverbeet and feta pie
1000 g, washed, dried, stems removed, roughly chopped
4 individual, thinly sliced
2 clove(s), crushed
2 tbs, finely chopped
Fresh lemon rind
2 tsp, finely grated
Reduced-fat ricotta cheese
Reduced fat feta cheese
Uncooked filo pastry
5 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 180°C or 160°C fan-forced. Lightly spray a 23cm round pie dish with oil.
- Spray a large saucepan with oil and heat over medium heat. Cook silverbeet, stirring, for 5 minutes or until wilted. Cool, drain, then squeeze out excess moisture. Place in a bowl.
- Lightly spray a non-stick frypan with oil. Add shallots and garlic and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until softened. Add to silverbeet with dill, rind, ricotta and feta. Mix to combine.
- Lightly spray 1 sheet of filo with oil. Top with another sheet, turned on a 45° angle, and lightly spray with oil. Repeat with remaining filo to form a star shape. Line dish with filo stack, allowing excess pastry to hang over the edge.
- Spoon silverbeet mixture into pastry case. Whisk eggs and whites in a jug. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Pour over filling. Fold overhanging pastry over the top of the pie to enclose filling. Spray with oil and bake for 20 minutes or until golden. Serve.