Greek shepherd’s pie
1 medium, finely chopped
2 medium, chopped
1 medium, chopped
2 clove(s), crushed
1 tsp, plus extra to sprinkle
⅛ tsp, (pinch)
Lean lamb mince
Canned diced tomatoes
500 g, chopped
99% fat-free plain Greek yoghurt
¼ cup(s), (60g)
2 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C fan-forced. Lightly spray a 1.75 litre (7-cup) capacity ovenproof dish with oil.
- Heat oil in a deep non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook onion, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add zucchini and eggplant and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic, nutmeg and cinnamon and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Transfer to a bowl.
- Reheat same pan over medium-high heat. Cook mince, stirring to break up lumps, for 5 minutes or until browned. Return zucchini mixture to pan with tomatoes and oregano and stir to combine. Transfer lamb mixture to prepared dish.
- Meanwhile, boil, steam or microwave potatoes until tender. Drain. Mash in a large bowl. Stir in yoghurt. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon mash over lamb mixture.
- Using a fork, roughen surface of mash, then lightly spray with oil. Bake for 20 minutes or until heated through and light golden. Sprinkle with a little extra nutmeg to serve.