Frying pan chicken pie
8 individual, French variety, halved
Skinless chicken breast
600 g, cut into 3cm chunks
250 g, sliced
Light cooking cream
Reduced-fat puff pastry
122 g, (1 sheet with 18% discarded)
1 clove(s), finely chopped
1½ tsp, mixed variety
¼ cup(s), (35g)
Chicken stock cube
1 individual, to make 300ml of stock
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Lightly spray a medium non-stick ovenproof frying pan or casserole (about 20cm in diameter) with oil and heat over medium heat. Cook eschallots and garlic, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes or until just browned.
- Increase heat and add chicken, mushrooms and herbs. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until golden.
- Reduce heat. Sprinkle over flour and stir to combine. Gradually stir in stock, then simmer for 3-5 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove pan from heat and stir through cream. Season with salt and pepper. Cool slightly, then cover with pastry, trimming and discarding excess pastry.
- Make a small hole in middle of pie for steam to escape. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until risen and golden. Serve.