1¼ cup(s), (185g)
Reduced fat oil spread
1½ cup(s), (375ml)
¼ cup(s), (30g)
Vanilla bean extract
2 tsp, powdered
Low-fat vanilla yoghurt
½ cup(s), (120g)
1 tbs, (apricot)
2 medium, quartered, thinly sliced
150 g, halved
1 medium, thinly sliced
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Process f lour and icing sugar in a food processor until combined. Add spread and process until mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Add 1 egg yolk and process until dough just clings together, adding a little water if necessary. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 30 seconds. Shape into a disc and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C fan-forced. Lightly spray a 24cm (base measurement) fluted lan tin with removable base with oil.
- Roll pastry between 2 sheets of baking paper until large enough to line prepared tin. Line base and side of tin with pastry. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Trim excess pastry. Cover pastry with baking paper and f ill with pastry weights, dried beans or rice. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove paper and weights and bake for 10–12 minutes or until golden. Cool to room temperature.
- Place milk in a saucepan over medium heat and bring to the boil. Whisk egg, remaining yolks, custard powder, sugar and vanilla in a heatproof bowl until combined. Gradually whisk hot milk into egg mixture until smooth. Return mixture to pan and cook, stirring, for 2–3 minutes or until mixture boils and thickens. Combine gelatine and 1 tablespoon boiling water in a heatproof jug. Stir until gelatine has dissolved. Stir gelatine mixture into custard. Transfer custard to a bowl and cover surface with plastic wrap. Cool. Fold yoghurt into custard and pour into pastry case. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Combine jam and 2 teaspoons hot water in a microwave-safe jug. Microwave on High (100%) for 30 seconds or until jam has melted. Cool. Arrange fruit over custard and brush with apricot glaze. Serve.