Freekeh fried 'rice'
1 cup(s), (190g)
⅓ cup(s), chopped
3 individual, thinly sliced, plus extra to serve
3 clove(s), crushed
1½ tbs, grated
Sugar snap peas
150 g, halved
200 g, small florets
1 medium, diced
1½ tbs, light variety
1 tbs, to serve
1 medium, cut into wedges, to serve
- Cook freekeh in a medium saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet instructions, or until just tender. Drain. Refresh under cold water and drain.
- Meanwhile, whisk together eggs and half the coriander in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large non-stick wok or frying pan over high heat. Add egg mixture and swirl to coat pan. Cook for 1 minute or until just set. Slide onto a board. Roll and thinly slice.
- Heat remaining oil in wok. Stir-fry shallots, garlic and ginger for 30 seconds. Add sugar snaps, capsicum, broccoli and stir-fry for 3 minutes or until almost tender. Reduce heat to medium. Add freekeh and soy sauce and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes or until hot.
- Divide stir-fry between bowls. Top with egg, remaining coriander and extra shallots. Serve drizzled with sriracha and lime wedges on the side.