Crispy chicken schnitzel with vegetables
Skinless chicken breast
660 g, (4 x 165g)
2 medium, lightly beaten
1 cup(s), (70g)
2 medium, cut into batons
Green string beans
200 g, trimmed
120 g, leaves
2 tbs, chopped
½ medium, cut into wedges, to serve
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the chicken between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and pound with a meat mallet or rolling pin to an even 1cm thickness.
- Place flour, eggs and breadcrumbs into 3 separate shallow bowls. Working with 1 chicken piece at a time, dust in flour, then dip in egg and finally coat in breadcrumbs. Transfer to prepared tray and lightly spray with oil. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until golden and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, place carrots in a large steamer over a pan of boiling water. Steam for 6-7 minutes, then add beans, steam a further 2-3 minutes, until tender. Add spinach, steam a final 1-2 minutes, or until wilted. Transfer the vegetables to a large serving bowl. Season with salt and pepper and toss with oil and tarragon.
- Serve chicken with vegetables and lemon wedges.