Creamy fish and leek pie
340 g, (400g peeled), cut into 3cm pieces
500 g, (or other firm white fish), cut into 3cm pieces
1 whole, trimmed, halved, thinly sliced
2 clove(s), crushed
sweet white wine
grated parmesan cheese
fresh flat-leaf parsley
2 tbs, chopped
reduced-fat puff pastry
130 g, just thawed (1 sheet)
200 g, trimmed
2 medium, cut into batons
200 g, halved
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C fan-forced. Lightly spray four 1-cup (250ml) capacity ovenproof dishes with oil. Boil, steam or microwave potatoes until tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, place fish and 1 cup (250ml) milk in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a gentle simmer and remove from heat. Remove fish with a slotted spoon. Reserve milk.
- Stir cornflour and remaining milk in a bowl until smooth. Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add leek and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add wine and simmer until almost evaporated.
- Add reserved milk and bring to the boil. Gradually add cornflour mixture and cook, stirring constantly, until sauce bubbles and thickens. Add parmesan, parsley, fish and potato.
- Divide fish mixture among prepared dishes. Cut four 14cm circles from pastry. Top fish mixture with pastry. Press edges to seal. Cut a slit in each pastry top. Bake for 15–20 minutes or until golden.
- Boil, steam or microwave beans, zucchini and squash until just tender. Drain. Serve with pies.