Creamy chicken and pumpkin pasta
Skinless chicken breast
250 g, fat trimmed, thinly sliced
300 g, peeled, cut into 3cm pieces
250 g, halved
1 medium, thinly sliced
1 clove(s), crushed
Light evaporated milk
Green olives, drained
6 individual, pitted, sliced
Grated parmesan cheese
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 220°C or 200°C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place pumpkin on prepared tray and lightly spray with oil. Bake for 20 minutes. Add tomatoes and bake for 10 minutes or until pumpkin is lightly browned and tomatoes soften.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a medium saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet instructions, or until just tender. Drain.
- Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer to a plate. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Return chicken to pan.
- Blend cornflour and a little evaporated milk in a jug. Stir in remaining milk. Add milk mixture to pan and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly.
- Add the pasta, olives and roasted pumpkin and tomatoes to the sauce. Toss gently to combine. Serve pasta sprinkled with cheese.