Creamy bacon, mushroom and pea carbonara
300 g, spaghetti
Hans 98% Fat Free Short Cut Bacon
125 g, coarsely chopped
400 g, thinly sliced
1 medium, thinly sliced
2 clove(s), crushed
reduced-fat evaporated milk
frozen green peas
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet instructions, or until just tender. Drain, reserving ⅔ cup (160ml) cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, heat half the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook bacon, stirring, for 1–2 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate. Cook mushrooms, stirring, for 5 minutes or until golden and tender. Transfer to plate with bacon.
- Heat remaining oil in same pan over medium-high heat. Cook onion and garlic, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Meanwhile, combine cornflour and half the milk in a small bowl until smooth. Stir in remaining milk. Add to pan with onion mixture and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until mixture starts to boil and thicken. Remove from heat and stir in peas, bacon, mushrooms and egg.
- Add pasta to sauce and stir to coat. Serve.