Couscous and vegetable fritters
500 g, cut into 2cm pieces
1⅓ cup(s), (265g)
3 individual, thinly sliced
1 medium, coarsley grated
Reduced fat feta cheese
80 g, crumbled
1 medium, lightly beaten
⅓ cup(s), finly chopped
2 cup(s), ( 1 baby lettuce) shredded
Semi dried tomatoes, not in oil
20 individual, kalamata
1 small, thinly sliced
¼ cup(s), (60ml)
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Spread pumpkin over prepared tray and lightly spray with oil. Bake for 25 minutes or until softened. Transfer to a bowl and coarsely mash.
- Meanwhile, place 1 cup (200g) couscous in a heatproof bowl. Add 1 cup (250ml) boiling water. Stir, cover and set aside for 5 minutes or until liquid has absorbed. Scrape with a fork to separate grains. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add mashed pumpkin, shallots, carrot, feta, egg and coriander to couscous and stir to combine. Shape ⅓-cup mixture into a 2cm-thick patty and place on a baking tray. Repeat to make 11 more patties.
- Spread remaining couscous over a plate. Coat fritters in couscous and return to tray. Lightly spray fritters with oil. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook fritters, in batches, for 3 minutes each side or until golden and warmed through.
- Meanwhile, combine lettuce, tomatoes, olives, onion, juice and oil in a large bowl and toss to combine. Serve fritters with salad and lemon wedges.