Coffee and hazelnut cake with hot chocolate sauce
reduced fat oil spread
1 cup(s), (125ml)
instant coffee powder
1 cup(s), dark, (220g)
white self-raising flour
1½ cup(s), (225g)
½ cup(s), (75g)
¼ cup(s), (35g), coarsely chopped, toasted
sweetened skim condensed milk
½ cup(s), (125ml)
1 tbs, Dutch
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Lightly spray a 22cm-round springform tin with oil. Line the base and side with baking paper.
- Place canola spread, skim milk and coffee in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir until the canola spread has melted and the coffee has dissolved. Remove from heat. Whisk in the sugar until dissolved.Whisk in the eggs until combined. Stir in the combined four and half of the hazelnuts until just combined.
- Pour into prepared tin. Bake for 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Remove from the oven and set aside for 10 minutes to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, whisk the condensed milk and cocoa in a small saucepan over low heat until smooth and heated through.
- Transfer the cake onto a serving plate. Drizzle with hot chocolate sauce and sprinkle with the remaining hazelnut.