Cinnamon maple pumpkin and lentil salad
800 g, kent, unpeeled, cut into 1cm wedges
1 cup(s), (200g) French-style green
Freshly squeezed orange juice
Roasted capsicum, not in oil
150 g, sliced
2 tbs, chopped
¼ cup(s), (35g) chopped (see notes)
Reduced fat feta cheese
50 g, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine cinnamon, syrup and half both the cumin and coriander in a bowl. Add pumpkin and toss to coat. Place pumpkin on prepared tray and lightly spray with oil. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden and tender.
- Meanwhile, cook lentils in a large saucepan of boiling water, following packet instructions, or until just tender. Drain. Rinse under cold water. Drain.
- Whisk juice, oil and remaining cumin and coriander in a large bowl. Add lentils, spinach, capsicum, mint and half the hazelnuts and toss to combine.
- Top lentil mixture with pumpkin and serve sprinkled with feta and remaining hazelnuts.