Choc-orange baklava stacks
⅓ cup(s), (50g), toasted, finely chopped
uncooked filo pastry
⅓ cup(s), (80ml)
Pauls Mousse, Chocolate, Low Fat
2 small, segmented
200 g, hulled, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C fan-forced. Spread pistachios on a baking tray and bake for 2–3 minutes or until toasted. Finely chop.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place 1 filo sheet on a flat surface and lightly spray with oil. Top with remaining filo sheet and lightly spray with oil. Cut pastry stack in half lengthways, then cut each piece crossways into 8 rectangles to make 16 rectangles.
- Combine pistachios and cinnamon in a small bowl. Reserve 1 teaspoon of mixture. Place 4 filo rectangles on prepared tray. Sprinkle each with 1 teaspoon of pistachio mixture. Repeat layering with remaining filo and pistachio mixture to make 4 stacks. Bake for 10–12 minutes or until golden. Cool.
- Meanwhile, combine juice and honey in a small saucepan over medium heat and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until syrup has thickened.
- Place filo stacks onto serving plates. Carefully lift off top layer and spoon Nestlé® Soleil™ Chocolate Mousse over base. Top with orange, strawberries and pastry tops. Drizzle with syrup and sprinkle with reserved pistachio mixture. Serve.