Chicken katsu curry
62 g, (⅓ cup), 1 tbs extra
1 cup(s), (140g)
2 large, lightly beaten
Skinless chicken breast
600 g, (2 x 300g) cut in half horizonatlly
1 medium, coarsely chopped
1 tsp, 2 cm piece, grated
1 clove(s), crushed
1 tbs, medium variety
Chicken stock cube
1 individual, make 400 ml stock
2 tsp, light variety
70 g, baby variety
2 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper and place a wire rack on top.
- Place flour, breadcrumbs and eggs into 3 shallow bowls. Place chicken fillets between two pieces of baking paper and gently pound with a rolling pin until chicken is about 1cm thick.
- Dip each chicken fillet in flour, then egg and finally breadcrumbs. Lightly spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over medium heat. Cook chicken for 1 minute each side or until golden. Transfer to rack on prepared tray and bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make sauce. Lightly spray a large saucepan with oil and heat over medium heat. Cook onion, stirring, for 6-8 minutes or until softened. Add fresh ginger and garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add curry powder and extra flour and cook for a further 1 minute. Gradually stir in stock until smooth. Add soy and honey, stirring to combine. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until thickened. Using a stick blender, blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss rocket with pickled ginger. Slice chicken and serve drizzled with sauce and salad alongside.