1 medium, thinly sliced
Chicken thigh, skinless, raw
450 g, fat trimmed, cut into 3cm pieces
2 clove(s), crushed
2 tsp, grated
Rice, white, dry
1 cup(s), basmati, (200g)
350 g, cut into florets
2 bunch(es), trimmed
- Combine half each of the cumin, paprika and turmeric in a bowl. Add chicken and toss to coat. Lightly spray a deep non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, in batches, for 2–3 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat oil in same pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic, ginger and remaining cumin, paprika and turmeric and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add rice and cauliflower and stir to coat in spice mixture. Add stock and bring to the boil. Arrange chicken on top of the rice in a single layer.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes. Add currants and remove from heat. Cover and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil, steam or microwave broccolini until bright green and just tender. Drain.
- Add spinach to biryani and stir until just wilted. Divide biryani among plates and sprinkle with coriander. Serve with broccolini.