Chicken and mushroom stroganoff
skinless chicken breast
1 medium, thinly sliced
2 clove(s), crushed
swiss brown mushrooms
100 g, button variety
1 tsp, sweet variety
Beef stock, liquid, salt-reduced
1 cup(s), (250ml)
250 g, leaves
light sour cream
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a deep non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, stirring, for 5 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in same pan over medium heat. Cook onion, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and mushrooms and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until mushrooms are golden and tender.
- Add flour and paprika and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add stock and Worcestershire and bring to the boil. Return chicken to pan. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 5–7 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and sauce has slightly thickened.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Cook spinach, stirring, for 1–2 minutes or until just wilted.
- Stir sour cream into chicken mixture and cook for 1 minute or until heated through. Serve stroganoff with spinach.