Cheat’s vanilla and almond praline ice-cream with strawberry coulis
¼ cup(s), (55g)
¼ cup(s), (20g) toasted
450 g, chopped
reduced fat vanilla ice cream
- Place the sugar and 1½ tablespoons of water in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 4 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to high and boil, without stirring, for 5 minutes or until golden.
- Meanwhile, line a baking tray with baking paper. Arrange the almonds, in a single layer, in the centre of the prepared tray. Drizzle the caramel over the almonds. Set aside to cool and set.
- Meanwhile, process 200g of the strawberry in a blender or food processor until a smooth coulis is formed.
- Transfer cooled praline to a clean board. Cut one-third of the praline into 6 shards and reserve shards. Finely chop remaining praline. Place ice-cream in a large metal bowl. Stir through chopped praline. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Divide the blueberries and remaining chopped strawberry among 6 serving glasses. Drizzle with the strawberry coulis and top each glass with a scoop of the praline ice-cream. Top with the praline shards to serve.