Chargrilled steak with paprika
½ clove(s), chopped
Beef flank steak, fat trimmed
500 g, Lebanese variety, halved lengthwise
2 medium, cut into 3cm thick strips
2 medium, thickly sliced
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- To make spice oil, combine oil, garlic, paprika, oregano and cumin in a small bowl.
- Season steak and vegetables with salt and pepper (see tip).
- Lightly spray a grill pan with oil and heat over medium-high heat until hot. Cook steak for about 5 minutes on each side for medium-rare (or until evenly charred and cooked to your liking). Transfer steak to a plate and rest for 5 minutes.
- Add eggplant, capsicum and onions to grill pan in batches. Cook, turning occasionally, for 8-10 minutes or until charred and tender.
- Thinly slice steak against the grain and arrange on a serving platter with eggplant, capsicum and onions. Drizzle over the spice oil and any steak juices remaining on plate.