Chargrilled lamb cutlets with mushroom risotto
1 medium, chopped
1 clove(s), crushed
1 tbs, chopped
Fresh lemon rind
1 tbs, grated
Swiss brown mushrooms
100 g, quartered
100 g, button, quartered
2 bunch(es), trimmed
French trimmed lamb cutlet(s) or rack(s)
400 g, (8 x 50g)
8 small, baby, trimmed, peeled
250 g, halved
- Place stock in a medium saucepan over high heat. Cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and keep at a simmer.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic, rosemary and rind. Cook for 2 minutes or until fragrant. Add rice and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add the hot stock to the rice mixture, 1⁄3 cup (80ml) at a time, stirring occasionally, until all the liquid is absorbed. (This should take about 25 minutes – the rice should be tender but still firm to the bite and the risotto creamy.) Add mushrooms to rice mixture halfway through adding the stock.
- Meanwhile, preheat a chargrill or barbecue over medium-high heat. Cook asparagus and lamb, turning, for 5–7 minutes or until lamb is cooked to your liking and asparagus is tender. Transfer to a plate. Cover to keep warm. Rest lamb for 5 minutes before serving.
- Boil, steam or microwave carrots and squash until just tender. Drain. Serve chargrilled lamb and asparagus with risotto and vegetables.