Chargrilled chicken with mole
2 individual, husk removed
Rice, white, dry
½ cup(s), (long grain)
2 tbs, finely chopped
1 medium, finely chopped
1 clove(s), chopped
Continental, Liquid Stock, Chicken, Salt-Reduced
Skinless chicken breast
500 g, tenderloins
2 tsp, lightly toasted
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat a chargrill or barbecue over medium-high heat. Cook corn cobs, turning occasionally, for 20 minutes or until tender and lightly charred on all sides. Cool for 5 minutes. Using a sharp knife, cut kernels from cobs.
- Meanwhile, cook rice in a saucepan of boiling salted water for 10–12 minutes or until tender. Drain and place in a bowl. Stir in corn, chopped coriander and juice. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Using a small sharp knife, cut a shallow cross through the base of the tomato. Place tomato in a small heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water and set aside for 2 minutes. Drain and cool. Peel off skin and cut tomato in half crossways. Use a small teaspoon to scoop out and discard the seeds and pulp. Coarsely chop tomato flesh.
- Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic, oregano, cumin, chilli and cinnamon and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add tomato and cook, stirring, for 2–3 minutes or until mixture is pulpy.
- Place tomato mixture into a food processor. Add stock and process until almost smooth. Return tomato mixture to frying pan and add chocolate. Stir over low heat until chocolate has melted. Remove mole from heat and cover to keep warm.
- Reheat a chargrill or barbecue over high heat. Lightly spray chicken with oil. Cook for 2–3 minutes each side or until cooked through. Divide rice salad among plates and top with chicken. Drizzle chicken with mole and sprinkle with sesame seeds and extra coriander. Serve.