Cauliflower toasts with spicy baked beans
4 cup(s), (600g), processed into rice shape
Reduced-fat 15% cheddar cheese
100 g, grated
2 medium, beaten
1 small, finely chopped
2 clove(s), finely chopped
1½ tsp, hot variety
Canned diced tomatoes
Fresh bay leaf
Canned cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
2 can(s), (buy 2 x 400 g cans)
Fresh flat-leaf parsley
¼ cup(s), coarsely chopped
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Place cauliflower in a microwave-proof bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Microwave on High (100%) for 4 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Leave to cool for 1 minute, then tip onto a clean tea towel. Squeeze all excess moisture out of cauliflower until dry. Return to bowl and mix in cheese, eggs, oregano and nutmeg. Season with salt and pepper.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and shape cauliflower into 8 ‘toasts’ on tray. Bake for 20 minutes or until edges are crisp and golden.
- Meanwhile, lightly spray a large saucepan with oil. Cook onion, stirring, for 6-8 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and cook for a further 30 seconds. Stir in all spices and tomato paste. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add diced tomatoes. Half fill can with water and add to pan, along with bay leaves. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Stir in beans and cook, covered, for 10 minutes or until beans are thick. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve spicy beans with cauliflower toasts and a sprinkling of parsley.