Caribbean-style salmon bowl
300 g, (buy 2 x 150g fillets)
Caribbean jerk seasoning
2 cob(s), small, (2 x 50g)
250 g, quartered
4 individual, finely chopped
Fresh bird's eye chilli
1 whole, red, deseeded, finely chopped
1 medium, (1 tbs lime juice, plus wedges to serve)
Brown basmati rice
½ cup(s), (100g)
¼ cup(s), finely chopped, plus extra leaves to serve
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Coat salmon evenly with seasoning. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, lightly spray a non-stick grill pan with oil and heat over medium–high heat. Cook corn cobs for 10 minutes, turning occasionally, or until charred all over. Set aside to cool.
- Cut corn kernels from cobs, then transfer to a bowl with tomatoes, shallots, chilli and half the lime juice. Season with salt and pepper and toss to combine. Set aside.
- Preheat oven grill to medium. Line a baking tray with foil. Place salmon on prepared tray and grill for 8–10 minutes, until cooked to your liking. Break salmon into large chunks with a fork
- Meanwhile, cook rice following packet instructions. Toss chopped coriander and remaining lime juice through rice. Divide rice, salmon and corn salsa among 4 bowls. Top with coriander leaves and serve with lime wedges.