Caesar salad with poached egg
Hail Caesar! Or, more appropriately, hail this Caesar Salad!
Skinless chicken breast
250 g, (buy 2x140g lean fillets), fat trimmmed
Salted anchovies in oil, drained
12 g, (4 fillets)
Light rye bread
120 g, (2x60g), rye sourdough
1 clove(s), halved
360 g, baby, halved
2 stick(s), thinly sliced
Shaved parmesan cheese
⅓ cup(s), (25g)
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C fan-forced. Bring a medium saucepan of water to the boil, then add chicken. Reduce heat to medium, cover and cook for 8 minutes. Turn off heat and allow chicken to cool in water for 20 minutes. Remove chicken and shred.
- Meanwhile, to make dressing, place anchovies, juice and olive oil in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Lightly spray bread with oil and rub with garlic. Coarsely tear bread and place on a baking tray with bacon. Bake for 6–8 minutes or until golden.
- Bring a medium saucepan of water and vinegar to the boil, reduce heat to medium and simmer. Gently break eggs into water one at a time and cook for 4–5 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to remove. Drain on paper towels.
- Place chicken, lettuce, celery, bacon, croutons and dressing in a medium bowl. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, tossing gently to combine. Divide among plates and serve topped with egg and parmesan.