Butterscotch self-saucing pudding
Butter me up! Indulge yourself with our skinny version of deliciously sticky pudding - complete with butterscotch sauce!
White self-raising flour
1 cup(s), (150g)
Reduced fat oil spread
¼ cup(s), (60g) melted
1 medium, lightly beaten
2 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 180°C or 160°C fan-forced. Lightly spray one 6 hole (1 cup, 250ml capacity) muffin tin with oil.
- Combine flour, half the sugar, 1 tablespoon of the spread, egg and milk in a medium bowl. Mix well then spread mixture into prepared muffin tin holes.
- To make the caramel sauce, combine 1½ cups (375ml) of boiling water with the remaining sugar and canola spread in a medium heatproof jug. Stir until the sugar is dissolved and the spread melted.
- Pour caramel sauce mixture slowly over the back of a spoon onto pudding mixture in tin holes.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until firm. Turn out and serve immediately.