SmartPoints® value per serving
½ whole, split, seeds scraped
22½ ml, (1½ tbs) blackcurrant
240 g, (1 cup)
- Using electric beaters, beat eggs and vanilla in a small bowl on high speed for 5 minutes or until tripled in volume.
- Meanwhile, using a small sharp knife, make 2 small slits in the base of 5 cardboard cups.
- Add sweetener to egg mixture and beat for 15 seconds. Sift flour and cocoa over egg mixture and gently fold with a spatula until combined. Divide mixture among prepared cups. Microwave, 1 cup at a time, on High (100%) for 45 seconds or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Place cups, upside-down, on work bench to cool.
- Meanwhile, combine blackberries and liqueur in a small bowl.
- Using scissors, cut open 4 of the cups and tear sponge into bite-sized pieces (reserve remaining sponge for another use, see Cook’s Notes). Spoon half the custard among 4 serving bowls. Top with sponge. Drizzle over remaining custard and spoon over berry mixture. Serve.
TIPS: We used Equal Spoonful for this recipe but you could use any alternate sweetener designed for baking. Suitable for leftovers. Store wrapped in plastic wrap in the fridge for up to 2 days. Once cool, wrap remaining sponge cake (still in cardboard cup) in plastic wrap and freeze for up to 1 month. Thaw on kitchen bench. Add it: 4 mini meringues (crumbled) in Step 5. Swap it: Custard for diet chocolate mousse.