Black forest pavlovas
14 - 15
PersonalPoints™ per serving
1 hr 45 min
1 hr 5 min
Sweet little meringues topped with cherries and chocolate, what a perfect dessert.
Cherries, pitted, frozen
500 g, thawed
¾ cup(s), (165g)
Dark chocolate chips
60 g, melted
Fromage frais, vanilla bean
2 tub(s), (300g)
- Place half the cherries, 1 tablespoon sugar and 2 teaspoons water in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until sugar has dissolved. Process mixture in a food processor until smooth. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 120°C or 100°C fan-forced. Lightly spray 2 baking trays with oil. Cut 2 sheets of baking paper the same size as trays. Draw six 9cm circles on paper. Place paper on prepared trays, pencil-side down.
- Using electric beaters, beat egg whites in a clean, dry bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually add remaining sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating well after each addition, until sugar has dissolved.
- Using the pencil lines as a guide, scoop large spoonfuls of meringue onto circles. Top each with 1 teaspoon cherry mixture. Using a skewer, swirl cherry mixture into meringue to create a marbled effect.
- Bake for 1 hour or until pavlovas are just firm to touch. Turn oven off. Cool pavlovas in oven with door slightly ajar.
- Meanwhile, use a vegetable peeler to shave curls from chocolate. Place in fridge until required.
- Combine remaining cherry mixture with remaining cherries in a small bowl. Serve pavlovas topped with fromage frais, cherry mixture and chocolate curls.