Black bean and pumpkin patties
Pumpkin, butternut, raw
500 g, peeled, cut into 1.5cm cubes
Canned black beans, rinsed, drained
2 can(s), 400g size can, (2 x 400g cans)
2 x 3 second spray(s)
1 medium, chopped
3 clove(s), crushed
2 slice(s), (2x35g slices) crusts removed, torn
1 tbs, extra virgin variety
80 g, baby leaves
200 g, grape variety, halved
Reduced fat feta cheese
90 g, crumbled
1 medium, cut into wedges, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C fan-forced. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Spread pumpkin and beans on prepared tray, and lightly spray pumpkin with oil. Bake for 20 minutes or until pumpkin is tender and beans have dried out slightly.
- Meanwhile, lightly spray a small non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over medium-low heat. Cook onion, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic, coriander and cumin and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Process bread in a food processor until coarse crumbs form. Add pumpkin, beans and onion mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Process in short bursts, scraping down sides occasionally, until chopped and just combined. Transfer to a bowl.
- Shape mixture into eight 2cm-thick patties. Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook patties, in batches, for 2–3 minutes each side or until browned and cooked through.
- Combine rocket, tomatoes and feta in a bowl. Serve patties with salad and lime wedges.