Basil and cheese stuffed chicken
Bega Country Light Cheese, Tasty, 50% Less Fat, Grated
60 g, (½ cup), coarsely grated
green olives, drained
50 g, Sicilian, pitted, coarsely chopped
¼ cup(s), coarsely shredded
6 clove(s), thinly sliced
skinless chicken breast
sweet white wine
¼ cup(s), dry (60ml)
¼ cup(s), (60ml)
- Combine the cheese, olive and basil in a small bowl.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook the garlic, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes or until golden and crisp. Transfer to a plate.
- Meanwhile, use a sharp knife to cut the chicken breasts in half horizontally. Use a rolling pin to flatten each piece of chicken slightly. Spread the cheese mixture over two chicken pieces andcover with remaining chicken pieces. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken for 4-5 minutes each side or until browned and cooked through. Transfer chickento a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Return the garlic to the pan with the wine and chicken stock. Bring to the boil. Boil for 4 minutes or until reduced by two-thirds. Slice the chicken to serve and drizzle with the garlic sauce.