Baked yoghurt, honey and lemon doughnuts with citrus glaze
Bicarbonate of soda
1 medium, finely grated rind
99% fat-free plain Greek yoghurt
⅓ cup(s), (80g), plus 1 tbs extra for glaze
1 medium, lightly beaten
Icing sugar mixture
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Lightly spray a 12-hole mini doughnut tin with oil.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, lemon zest and a pinch of salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre.
- In a jug, combine the yoghurt, milk, egg and honey. Gradually pour this mixture into the flour, stirring to prevent lumps. Spoon into a piping bag fitted with a plain nozzle and pipe into the prepared tin, filling each hole two-thirds full.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until risen and golden, then transfer the doughnuts to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Make the glaze: in a bowl, stir together the extra yoghurt, icing sugar and lemon juice until smooth.
- Dip the cooled doughnuts in the glaze and return to the wire rack to set – this will take about 10 minutes.