Baked vegetarian bean and cheese tortillas
Canned red kidney beans, rinsed, drained
240 g, (1 x 400g can)
4 small, (40g each)
Frozen corn kernels
Extra light cheddar cheese
½ cup(s), grated, (60g), grated
300 g, peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
1 small, finely chopped
1 medium, finally chopped
Tomato pasta sauce
375 g, (390g)
⅓ cup(s), chopped
- Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C fan-forced. Lightly spray a 1.5L (6-cup) capacity ovenproof dish with oil. Boil, steam or microwave pumpkin until tender. Drain.
- Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and capsicum and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add pasta sauce and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes or until thickened.
- Add pumpkin, kidney beans and corn to the sauce and stir to combine. Reserve 11⁄3 cups (330ml) bean mixture. Cool remaining mixture slightly and stir in cheese.
- Warm tortillas following packet instructions. Lay tortillas on a flat surface. Spoon bean and cheese mixture down the centre of each tortilla. Roll to enclose filling. Place tortillas, seam-side up, in prepared dish and cover with foil. Bake for 15–20 minutes or until hot.
- Stir reserved bean mixture in frying pan over low heat until hot. Serve tortillas topped with the reserved bean mixture and coriander.