Apricot and ricotta rolls
Apricot, canned in natural juice, drained
Reduced-fat ricotta cheese
Vanilla bean paste
⅓ tsp, (pinch)
Uncooked filo pastry
4 sheet(s), halved crossways
2 tsp, sifted
4 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 180°C or 160°C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place apricots on a large plate lined with paper towel and set aside for 10 minutes to absorb any excess juice. Dry apricots thoroughly with paper towel. Coarsely chop.
- Meanwhile, place ricotta in a sieve over a bowl and set aside to drain for 10 minutes. Press down with a spoon to remove excess moisture.
- Combine apricots, ricotta, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Place 1 sheet of filo on a flat surface and lightly spray with oil. Fold in half crossways and then in half again to form a wide strip. Spoon one-eighth of the apricot filling along the short end closest to you, leaving a 2cm border. Fold filo over to enclose filling, then tuck in edges and roll to form a cigar shape. Lightly spray roll with oil and place on prepared tray. Repeat with remaining filo and filling to make 8 rolls.
- Bake rolls for 15 minutes or until golden. Serve dusted with icing sugar.