Allspice turkey skewers with eggplant salad
1 medium, chopped
2 medium, chopped
2 x 3 second spray(s)
Skinless turkey breast
500 g, cut into 3cm pieces
Ground all spice
Fresh lemon rind
2 tsp, finely grated
2 medium, cut into thin wedges
Canned borlotti beans, rinsed, drained
400 g, (1 x 400g can)
Fresh flat-leaf parsley
½ cup(s), plus extra to serve, chopped
1 medium, cut into wedges to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Spread eggplant and capsicum on prepared tray. Lightly spray with oil. Bake for 20–25 minutes or until golden and tender.
- Meanwhile, combine turkey, allspice, cumin, rind and half the oil in a bowl. Thread turkey mixture and onion, alternately, onto 8 wooden skewers.
- Lightly spray a chargrill or barbecue with oil and preheat over medium-high heat. Cook skewers for 4–5 minutes each side or until turkey is cooked through.
- Combine eggplant, capsicum, beans, chopped parsley, juice and remaining oil in a bowl. Serve turkey skewers with eggplant salad, extra parsley and lemon wedges.