Air-fryer fish fingers with tartare sauce
Skinless white fish, raw
450 g, skinless, firm variety
¼ cup(s), (30g)
½ cup(s), (85g)
Ground cayenne pepper
1 medium, cut into wedges, to serve
Light whole egg mayonnaise
¼ cup(s), (75g)
99% fat-free, plain or natural yoghurt, unsweetened
¼ cup(s), (60g)
Pickled cucumber, drained
2½ tbs, chopped
1½ tbs, chopped
1 individual, finely chopped
Fresh lemon rind
¼ tsp, finely grated
2 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 90°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Cut fish into long (about 7cm) 2cm-thick 'fingers'. Place corn flour in a shallow bowl. Whisk egg and 1 tablespoon water in a shallow bowl. Combine polenta and cayenne pepper in a shallow bowl and season with salt.
- Dip 1 piece of fish into cornflour and then egg mixture. Coat evenly in polenta mixture and place on prepared tray. Repeat with remaining fish. Lightly spray with oil.
- Lightly spray a 7.5L air fryer basket with oil. Preheat air fryer to 200°C. Add half the fish fingers to basket. Air fry for 5 minutes, then turn fish over. Air fry for a further 3 minutes, or until golden brown. Transfer fish to wire rack and keep warm in oven. Repeat with remaining fish fingers.
- Meanwhile, to make tartare sauce, combine all tartare sauce ingredients in serving bowl until well combined. Serve fish fingers with lemon wedges and tartare sauce.