Chicken Zucchini boats
SmartPoints® value per serving
1 hr 5 min
Looking for dinner inspiration? These South-of-the-border-inspired stuffed zucchini are rich in flavor thanks to seasoned tomato sauce and a Mexican cheese blend. Serve with chips, guacamole and salsa, or a roasted vegetable soup spiked with cilantro. Summer squash can be used instead of the zucchini, if you prefer, and leftover cooked turkey breast can be swapped for the chicken.
Cooked skinless boneless chicken breast(s)
2½ cup(s), chopped, or turkey breast(s), chopped
Shredded reduced-fat Mexican-style cheese
1 tbsp(s), chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat a 9- X 13-inch casserole dish with cooking spray; spread 1/2 cup tomato sauce in bottom of dish.
- Trim zucchini; slice each zucchini in half lengthwise. Using a spoon or a melon baller, remove flesh from center of each zucchini half. Chop scooped out zucchini flesh; set aside. Place zucchini halves in a single layer in prepared dish.
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat; add chopped zucchini and cook, stirring, about 3 minutes. Add remaining tomato sauce and chicken to pan; cook, stirring, 1 minute. Divide chicken mixture among zucchini halves; cover pan with aluminum foil.
- Bake 30 minutes; remove aluminum foil and sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, until cheese is melted, 3-5 minutes. Remove from oven; garnish with chopped basil.
- Serving size: 1 zucchini boat