Winter veggie bowl
Uncooked Brussels sprouts
1 cup(s), shredded
1 cup(s), chopped into 1" pieces
2 cup(s), spiralized
Uncooked acorn squash
½ medium, cut into wedges, seeds reserved
Pumpkin and squash seeds (unhulled)
2 tbsp(s), (from the acorn squash)
1 clove(s), medium, minced
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the squash, parsnip, thyme, and garlic with 1½ tsp canola oil and ¼ tsp salt. Spread evenly on the baking sheet and place in the oven to roast, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl mix together the mustard, balsamic vinegar, and honey. Whisk in the olive oil to emulsify. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove the vegetables from the oven and off of the tray. Place the squash seeds on the baking sheet and roast in the oven until toasted, approx. 5-7 minutes.
- To serve, place the arugula as the base of the bowl. Layer the brussels sprouts, parsnip, squash, and beets on top. Drizzle the dressing over the bowl and garnish with the toasted squash seeds.