White rice (Slowcooker recipe)
cooked white rice
- Measure out 1 cup long-grain white rice.
- Put rice in a sieve and rinse under cool running water until water runs clear.
- Measure out 1 cup water (or up to 11/4 cups if you prefer softer rice); pour into a 4- to 6-qt Instant Pot.
- Add rice, stirring,so it settles into even layer. Lock lid, making sure vent is closed. Select Rice setting.
- When time is up, about 5 minutes, allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes.
- Press Cancel to turn off pot. Move steam release valve to Venting position to release remaining pressure.
- For brown rice, follow directions selecting Multigrain setting. Brown rice will take about 22 minutes.