2-Ingredient Dough Breakfast Calzones
Olive oil cooking spray
Uncooked Canadian bacon
4 slice(s), diced
50% reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese
⅔ cup(s), shredded, shredded
Plain fat free Greek yogurt
White self-rising flour
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Place eggs, salt and pepper in a medium bowl; whisk well to combine. Place about 2 Tbsp of beaten egg in a small bowl; set aside (you’ll use this later to brush the calzones).
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; set over medium-high heat. Add bacon: cook, stirring, until starting to brown in spots, about 2 minutes. Add reserved beaten eggs and cheese; cook, stirring, until just set, about 1 minute. Turn off heat; set filling aside.
- Place yogurt and flour in a large bowl; stir well with a wooden spoon until just combined and then keep mixing dough in bowl with your hands until smooth (about 2 minutes of kneading). If dough is too sticky to knead, add more flour, 1 Tbsp at a time, until no longer sticky.
- Place a large piece of parchment paper on a work surface; place dough on paper. Use a knife to cut dough into 4 equal pieces. Use a rolling pin to roll each piece of dough into a circle measuring about 6 inches across. Place 1/4 scrambled egg mixture on one side of each dough circle.
- Fold the opposite side of each circle of dough over egg mixture; crimp edges together with your fingers to form a tight seal. Transfer calzones to prepared pan; brush the top of each with reserved beaten egg. Bake until tops are golden brown, about 20 minutes. Serve hot.