Slow cooker Thai chicken
Light unsweetened coconut milk
8 fl oz
Thai curry paste
Sweet red pepper(s)
1 medium, cut into chunks
2 medium, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast
1½ pound(s), six 4 oz pieces
Smooth reduced fat peanut butter
⅓ cup(s), fresh, chopped
3 medium, sliced
1 medium, cut into 6 wedges
2 tbsp(s), salted, chopped
- In a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker, whisk together coconut milk, 4 teaspoons curry paste and salt until blended. Add cauliflower, potatoes, pepper and carrots; toss to mix and coat.
- Rub 2 teaspoons curry paste all over chicken; place chicken on top of vegetable mixture. Cover slow cooker and cook on LOW setting until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender, about 5 to 6 hours.
- Remove chicken to a cutting board and cut into bite-size pieces (or shred using two forks); set aside.
- Stir peanut butter and remaining 1 teaspoon curry paste into slow cooker until blended. Add chicken back to slow cooker with cilantro and scallions; gently stir to coat. Spoon onto plates or into bowls and serve with lime wedges; sprinkle each serving with 1 teaspoon peanuts.
- Yields about 1 1/2 cups per serving.