Sesame noodles with chicken
Uncooked whole wheat spaghetti
½ pound(s), or whole-wheat udon
½ cup(s), green parts only, chopped
Cooked skinless chicken thigh
½ pound(s), cut into thin strips
Low sodium soy sauce
Dark sesame oil
2 tsp(s), with garlic
1 tbsp(s), fresh, finely chopped
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Remove 1/4 cup of pasta cooking water; drain and rinse.
- In a large bowl, combine noodles, scallions and chicken; toss gently but well.
- In a cup, combine reserved cooking water, vinegar, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, oil, chili sauce and honey; stir well.
- Pour vinegar mixture over noodles; toss gently but well to coat noodles. Sprinkle with cilantro and sesame seeds; serve.
- Yields about 1 cup per serving.