Pulled Chicken Sandwich
3 clove(s), medium
1 tsp, fresh, chopped
1 tsp, chopped
½ medium, whole
8 item(s), or buns- sliced in half
½ head(s), small
1 large, beefsteak, 8 slicesFor the sauce
½ cup(s), fresh
3 clove(s), medium, minced
canned tomato sauce
unpacked brown sugar
red wine vinegar
¼ pinch, cracked
hot pepper sauce
½ Tbsp, Tabasco
reduced-sodium chicken broth
½ cup(s), or vegetable broth
- For the BBQ sauce, combine all of the ingredients for the BBQ sauce into a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a low simmer and continue to cook the sauce for 20-30 minutes, be sure to stir periodically and not over heat or burn the sauce.
- To prepare the roasted chicken, combine chopped fresh thyme, rosemary and garlic together and rub it under the skin of whole fresh chicken.
- Place whole chicken into your slow cooker and squeeze fresh lemon juice over top; place the squeezed lemon half into the chicken cavity. Cover and cook the chicken in your slow cooker on medium heat for approximately 6 hours or until cooked through. The internal temperature needs to read 170-degrees.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and allow to rest for 15-20 minutes. Remove skin from the cooked chicken and discard. Using a dinner fork begin to shred and remove all of the cooked meat from the bones- pull the meat off the bones into thin strands. Place the shredded cooked chicken into a large bowl.
- Combine cooked BBQ sauce with the cooked, shredded chicken; stir to ensure that all of the shredded meat is covered in the sauce.
- Lightly toast the Kaiser rolls and place a large piece of iceberg lettuce with a large tomato slice. Fill each bun with the BBQ chicken and serve.