Lemon-Chive Sole with Baked Squash
Yellow summer squash
2 medium, cut into 1/8 inch-thick rounds
Olive oil cooking spray
1 spray(s), or enough to coat squash
½ tsp, or to taste
½ pinch, or to taste
Uncooked perch fillet(s)
1¼ pound(s), four 5 oz fillets
Canned chicken broth
½ cup(s), fat-free
Fresh lemon juice
1 Tbsp, fresh, minced
Uncooked sugar snap peas
4 cup(s), steamed
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place squash rounds on middle of baking sheet; coat with cooking spray and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Season both sides of sole fillets with salt and pepper; place sole on top of squash. Bake until fish is fork-tender, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, whisk together broth, lemon juice, mustard, cornstarch and lemon zest. Set pan over medium heat and simmer until sauce thickens, stirring frequently with a wire whisk, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in chives.
- Transfer squash, sole and snap peas to individual plates and spoon lemon sauce over top of fish. Yields about 1 fillet, 1 cup of snap peas, 1/3 cup of squash and 2 tablespoons of sauce per serving.