Honey-ginger chicken thighs
2 tbsp(s), freshly grated, or less to taste
2 clove(s), medium, minced
Unsweetened orange juice
Low sodium soy sauce
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken thigh(s)
1 pound(s), (1500) boneless, cut into 36 chunks
1 tbsp(s), fresh, minced (for garnish)
- In a medium glass bowl, combine ginger, garlic, hoisin sauce, orange juice, soy sauce and pepper; add chicken and turn to coat with marinade. Cover bowl and refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours.
- When ready to cook, soak 12 wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes (or use metal skewers).
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Line a roasting pan with aluminum foil to catch drippings; place a wire rack over prepared pan.
- Remove chicken from marinade; reserve marinade. Thread 3 pieces of chicken onto each skewer and place on wire rack; cook for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spoon reserved marinade into a small saucepan; stir in honey. Bring to a rolling boil over high heat; boil for at least 1 minute to kill any bacteria.
- After chicken has cooked for 10 minutes, remove from oven and generously brush with boiled marinade. Flip skewers and bake until chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes more. Place on a serving platter and garnish with scallions. Yields 2 skewers per serving.