Grilled Vegetables with Lemony Chickpea Dip
Canned drained chickpeas
15½ oz, rinsed
1 clove(s), large, peeled
Plain fat free yogurt
1 tsp(s), grated
Fresh lemon juice
1 pound(s), ends trimmed
¾ pound(s), cut lengthwise into 1⁄2-inch-thick slices
1 medium, cut lengthwise into 1⁄2-inch-thick slices
Sweet red pepper(s)
2 large, seeded and cut into 1-inch-wide strips
½ pound(s), cut into 8 wedges, core left intact
- To make the dip, put the chickpeas and garlic in a food processor; pulse until chopped. Add the yogurt, tahini, lemon zest and juice, cumin, and 1⁄4 teaspoon of the salt; puree until smooth. Transfer to a serving bowl; set aside.
- Preheat the grill to medium or prepare a medium fire. Spray a vegetable grill topper with nonstick spray.
- Put the asparagus, eggplant, zucchini, bell peppers, and radicchio on a large sheet of foil. Spray with nonstick spray and sprinkle with the remaining 1⁄4 teaspoon salt; toss to coat well.
- Place as many vegetables as will fit in a single layer on the grill topper and place on the grill rack. Grill until lightly charred and tender, about 10 minutes. Arrange the vegetables in separate piles on a platter; keep warm. Repeat with the remaining vegetables. Serve hot, warm, or at room temperature with the dip.
- Yields 1⁄8 of vegetables and 1⁄4 cup dip per serving.