1 large, seeded and diced
2 large, sliced, (from about 3 medium), divided
Fresh baby spinach
4 large egg(s)
¼ cup(s), coarsely chopped
2 tsp(s), optional
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Add poblanos, 6 tablespoons scallions and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly colored and crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add spinach, handfuls at a time and stir until spinach wilts and cooks down. Season with cumin and salt. Stir in ¼ cup water.
- Make 4 indentations in spinach mixture and crack an egg into each. Cover and cook over medium-low heat 4 minutes or until whites are set but yolks are still runny.
- Sprinkle with reserved scallions and cilantro and drizzle with hot sauce if desired.
- Serving size: 2 eggs and about ¾ cup spinach mixture.