Garlic-Thyme Chicken with Cauliflower, Potatoes, and Olives
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)
1 pound(s), four 4 oz pieces
¼ tsp(s), freshly ground
Store-bought balsamic glaze
1 tsp(s), or 1/2 tsp dried thyme
1 clove(s), large, finely minced or grated on a microplane
Uncooked baby potatoes
12 oz, cut in half
2 pound(s), trimmed, cut into florets (white, green or yellow varieties)
2 medium, thinly sliced lengthwise
Extra virgin olive oil
16 large, green, pitted, preferably Castelvetrano
⅓ cup(s), flat-leaf, coarsely chopped fresh
- Preheat oven to 450°F (232°C).
- Place chicken in a shallow bowl; season with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper. Add balsamic glaze, thyme, and garlic; gently toss to coat and set aside.
- Combine potatoes, cauliflower, and shallots on a large sheet pan (at least 12- X 16-in); toss with oil, remaining 1/2 tsp salt, and remaining 1/8 tsp pepper. Spread vegetables out in a single layer; bake until potatoes and cauliflower have started to brown, 20-25 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven; toss vegetables with a spatula. Clear 4 spaces on pan; add chicken, making sure each piece makes contact with pan. Return pan to oven; bake until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are tender, 10-15 minutes.
- Toss in olives; grate lemon zest directly over sheet pan, distributing evenly. Then cut lemon in half and squeeze over top; sprinkle parsley over top and serve immediately.
- Serving size: 3 oz chicken and 1 c vegetables