Flourless chocolate cake
Unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tbsp(s), Dutch processed, divided
3 oz, coarsely chopped
Light sour cream
Uncooked egg yolk(s)
Powdered sugar (icing sugar)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9-inch springform pan with nonstick spray. Sift 1 Tbsp cocoa into pan; tilt pan to coat bottom and sides with cocoa.
- Combine chocolate and butter in a medium microwavable bowl; cover with wax paper and microwave on High until chocolate softens and butter begins to melt, 1 minute. Stir until smooth; allow to cool.
- Sift remaining 2 Tbsp cocoa into a small bowl; add sour cream, mix until smooth, and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer with the whisk attachment, beat egg yolks and 1/3 c granulated sugar in a large bowl at medium-high speed until thick and lemon-colored. At low speed, beat in chocolate mixture and vanilla extract. Add sour cream mixture, gently folding with rubber spatula until blended; fold in almond flour.
- With the electric mixer and a clean whisk attachment, beat egg whites and salt in another large bowl at medium speed until soft peaks form when beaters are lifted. Add remaining 1/2 c granulated sugar, 2 Tbsp at a time, until blended. At medium-high speed, beat until firm (but not too stiff), glossy peaks form, about 2 minutes.
- Spoon 1/3 of beaten egg whites over chocolate mixture, gently fold just until whites are incorporated; repeat with remaining beaten whites. Pour into prepared pan and smooth top. Bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 40 minutes.
- Cool cake completely in pan on a rack, about 1 hour. Run knife around edge of pan; remove side of pan. Dust top with powdered sugar and cut into 12 slices with a warm, clean knife; serve with raspberries.
- Serving size: 1 slice