Easy Cinnamon Rolls
White self-rising flour
Powdered sugar (icing sugar)
⅝ cup(s), divided
Plain fat free Greek yogurt
1⅝ cup(s), divided
1 tbsp(s), divided
Packed brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine flour and 2 Tbsp powdered sugar in a large bowl. Whisk together 1½ cups yogurt, 1 Tbsp vanilla, and egg in a medium bowl. Add yogurt mixture to flour mixture; stir well with a wooden spoon until just combined and then keep mixing dough in bowl with your hands until smooth (about 2 minutes of kneading). If dough is too sticky to knead, add more flour, 1 Tbsp at a time, until no longer sticky.
- Place a large piece of parchment paper on a work surface and sprinkle with a little flour. Place dough on parchment paper, and roll into a 12 x 9–inch rectangle. Sprinkle evenly with brown sugar and cinnamon, all the way to the edges. Starting with a long edge, roll up dough tightly (use parchment paper to help roll up dough) to form a 12-inch-long roll. Cut roll into 12 (1-inch) slices.
- Arrange dough slices in an 11 x 7–inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake until lightly browned, 22 to 25 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before topping with glaze.
- Combine remaining ½ cup powdered sugar, remaining 2 Tbsp yogurt, and remaining ¼ tsp vanilla, stirring until smooth. Drizzle glaze over cinnamon rolls. Serve warm.
- Serving size: 1 cinnamon roll