Decadent Avocado-Chocolate Cake
3 oz, chopped
Unsweetened cocoa powder
Plain lowfat yogurt
California (Hass) avocado
½ item(s), ripe, peeled, pitted, and chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line bottom of 8-inch round cake pan with parchment paper; spray paper and side of pan with nonstick spray.
- Place chocolate in medium microwavable bowl and microwave on Low until melted, stirring every 20 seconds. Let cool slightly.
- Stir together flour, cocoa powder, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in large bowl.
- Place yogurt in blender; add avocado and puree. Add egg and vanilla and pulse just until combined. Add avocado mixture and melted chocolate to flour mixture and stir until smooth. Spoon batter into prepared pan, smoothing the top. Bake until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, 28–30 minutes.
- Cool cake in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove cake from pan and let cool completely, right side up, on wire rack. Dust with confectioners’ sugar just before serving. Cut into 16 slices.
- Serving size: 1 slice